Thursday, March 1, 2018

Whole30 - Day 2 Complete

After having a rather rough day yesterday with the sugar detox I was unsure how I would sleep last night but I have to say I ended up passing out and slept like a baby.  I did wake up to use the bathroom around 2am (too much water before bed) but then I went back to sleep no problem.  I haven't had a good sleep like that in a while. 

Well I happy to say I made it through day 2, I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to start the day which was nice.  I still had low energy with a small headache but again I know this feeling and wasn't too surprised, I was just hoping to make it through the day feeling like this rather then how I was feeling yesterday.  I did awesome with my nutrition today, which I was so happy about I followed my meal plan for meals 1, 2 and 3 but did need a snack this morning as I was feeling hungry even after drinking lots of water so I grabbed 2 boiled eggs cut them in half sprinkled with salt and pepper, then I cut up an apple drizzled 2 tbsp. of Cashew Butter and sprinkled some unsweetened coconut flakes on top.  It was the perfect snack to get me through and help with my cravings.  Out of all my meals today my favorite was dinner, the flavor on the chicken was amazing, I couldn't believe it was Whole30 Approved I was so happy when I tasted it and the best part was my whole family loved it as well.  It's nice when you can eat healthy and enjoy the food at the same time, the key for me will be trying difference things so I don't feel like I'm bored eating the somethings over and over but that's what makes this program exciting.

Next up was my workout, my husband had asked me last night if I was going to workout today and I told him I wasn't sure depending on how I felt, I said even if I went for a walk that's better then nothing but my goal was to go running if I was feeling up to it.  Once I woke up feeling a little better this morning my workout was on my mind all morning, I wasn't sure how the weather was going hold up...you just never know here in Texas.  After my snack and talking to my sister-in-law Melissa (who is also doing the program with me) I just said "what the heck I need to go for my workout" I got up went and got dressed and headed out the door, there is no time like that present to just get it done.  I don't mind walking if I have some to go with but when I'm by my self I get bored which is why I love to run in today's case I did a walk/jog and for the most part I felt pretty good until I got close to home that's when the fatigue really set in and then my legs started burning so I knew it was a good workout.  I ended up doing 2.77 miles in total in 39 minutes I was so proud of my self for going out and getting a workout in, I know I would have felt guilty if I didn't go.  I still have a long way to go but I did what I set out to do and that was to keep moving.

My top 3 Non Scale Victories (NSV)
  1. Listened to my body (based on hunger)
  2. Got my run in like I wanted
  3. Felt better than yesterday even with a small headache
Whole30 Day 2 Complete!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...