Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Whole30 Day 21 Complete


Day 21 is in the bag, what an awesome, awesome day it was today.  I started my morning off with working on my meal plan for 4 week, I can't believe I'm planning my final week on this journey it's crazy.  I remember doing this the first week thinking how many more day's do I have? or will I actually make it through this process? And now I'm sitting here a few weeks later going oh my goodness I can't believe I'm planning my 4th week of meals.  If there is anything I have learned from this program it's meal planning and prepping, it has really saved me and made this process so much easier to follow and stay on track.  I have always enjoyed cooking, it's a huge passion of my and trying so many different recipes that not only I love but my family has loved has really helped.  When I started this journey I did it for me however since I do cook most of the meals I decided that I didn't want to make two meals one for me and one for my family so I just created my meal plans around my self but for my family as well and they have really enjoyed everything I made.  I also noticed they have cut out a lot of processed foods and dairy as well, they do still enjoy their sweet treats and the occasional ice cream but for the most post they eat anything I make them.  I love the support of my family and I'm so proud of them for cleaning up their eating habits.  

My food today was great, I stayed on track by eating leftovers as I hate wasting food.  It's been fun being able to eat dinner for breakfast and lunch for dinner.  It's funny cause in this stage of the process most people are sick of eating eggs but the truth is that I mix it up so much with my meals I don't eat eggs everyday.  There is so much out there then just eggs.  I have been keeping up with my water as well which has helped recover my body and muscles, I really lack drinking enough each day but I'm getting better and better and doing it.  Once summer comes with the hot weather I will be more inclined to drink a lot of it.  
Today's workout was a 30 min run, after waking up and feeling a little tired this morning I was in no mind set to want to even go out for my workout but all through the morning I kept thinking about it and it was one of those things that I knew I just had to go and do.  I wasn't sure how it would go since my right knee was bothering me a bit but I thought even if I don't run I can do a walk/jog it's only 30 minutes and I need to stick with my training plan.  It was a rather cool and windy day so that again made me second guess my workout but I decided to get my running gear on, lace up my running shoes and head out the door.  I'm so glad I did as I had the best run, even with a tail and then head wind, my knee was feeling pretty good so I went for it and pushed my self.  I was mentally strong, which made me thrive even more, I ran through the hills that I have struggled with for weeks knowing I could catch my breath on the way down with a nice light pace.  I came home and was so excited to see my average pace and miles completed.  It was a huge milestone for me and gave me a much confidence in my self.  I have been really struggling with my runs but today proved how strong I'm getting and to never give up.  Now my nutrition and exercise are finally coming together and it feels amazing.  I told my husband today that I'm riding a high so big right now and that I haven't felt this good in a long time, I don't want to get off of this.  I'm so focused and driven right now, it feels fantastic.  

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Worked on week 4 meal planning, going into my last week is very exciting.
  2. Had the best run today even with the wind, getting stronger each time.
  3. Having so much more energy than I ever could imagine.  I'm riding such a high right now as I haven't felt this good both mentally and physically in such a long time. 
WHOLE30 DAY 21 COMPLETE!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...