Sunday, March 18, 2018

Whole30 Day 17 and Day 18 Complete



I didn't have the best of sleep again the night before.  I have been going to bed rather late around 12am to 1am and I'm not sure why.  My girls have been on Spring Break and going to bed later than normal so I have been getting my stuff done after they go to bed which I guess would make some sense.  I was tested again today as we went over to a friends house for dinner, the good thing was she texted me and asked what I could eat knowing I was on this program, that made me feel so good.  I told her I would bring a mixed green salad with me and all I needed was plain chicken if they had it.  There was a few other yummy things that they served but I stuck with my green mixed salad and grilled plain chicken which was awesome.  I was so thankful that they thought of me and were kind enough to serve what I could eat.  I had nothing to drink but water as well.  This was another huge victory for me again as I did not cheap or slip once during the night.  We did get home late and I started to feel my self get hungry but I went right to bed and knew I would just eat a big meal early in the morning.

I did also get a workout in before going over to our friends house.  I had to wait for my husband to get home as I wasn't able to run in the morning due to my girls being home.  It was a hot and nasty run, thank goodness I only had to complete 2 miles and it was hard enough to do that.  

Overall I had a great day, I'm starting to feel what I think is "Tiger Blood" which in other terms is the energizer bunny...lol.  

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Even with the lack of sleep and weather swings here my allergies have been good.  No set backs which is new for me.  I also have not been taking my allergy medicine daily.
  2. Still got my run in even though it was nasty, hot and humid.
  3. Had some cravings when I was at my friends house for dinner but stuck with the plan and did not cheat. 
WHOLE30 Day 17 Complete!!!




Wow I was tried last night as I passed out and slept in until about 9am which for me is late.  My body needed the rest for sure.  It was a pretty low key day for us as we got stuff done around the house and ended up making it a chill night for the family.  It was nice for use to have some down time and relax.  I made a new Bean-Less Chili recipe from a cookbook I borrowed from our local library and it was really good.  I did have to adjust it a bit as I was not very thick but once I added the tomato paste it was awesome!  The family really enjoyed it as well, I did add some mashed up sweet potato to my for the carbs and to help fill me up a little more, it still turned out very tasty.  My energy level is definitely changing each and every day, I had another great day getting stuff done and not feeling lazy or having the 2pm crash.  I'm starting see the benefits of what I'm doing to my body and how it's effecting me.  I'm still getting caught up in the science part it which is getting in my head a bit but I'm trying to just go with the flow and no over think it.  I want to see how this process works and take what I'm learning to see how I will feel after it's over.

I did go for another run today, thank goodness for cloud coverage as it was another warm and sticky day.  I ran for 45 mins which put me over my 3 mile marker, my legs still felt sore and tired, again this is me trying to figure out what I'm eating or doing that's causing me to understand why my running performance is still low.  I also have to remind my self that it's been only 18 days and this just takes time so I'm still going with the flow at this point.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Another day out when things are blooming and my allergies are still good...yay!
  2. Went for a 45 min run and still managed to hit over 3 miles
  3. Made a really yummy Bean-Less Chili tonight, a new family favorite.  
WHOLE30 Day 18 Complete!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...