Sunday, March 4, 2018

Whole30 Day 5 Complete





Today was a much better day, woke up feeling well rested and ready for another day.  I'm hoping today that I can finally see that light at the end of the tunnel and that I'm starting to feel more normal.  Based on today's stage I will still have the same ups and downs as yesterday so I need to bare with it and just hope for more ups then downs.

I started my morning off with my coffee outside with my husband on our back porch enjoying the beautiful cloudy weather.  It was nice to have some time for just the two of us to sit and talk.  Overall today was a great day, I followed my meal plan for the most part, lunch was more of a snack due to the timing of when I ate it and my workout but I still managed to make sure it was in compliant with the Whole30 rules.  I also drank lots of water which helped me in between meals.  I was going back and forth about going out for a run today as the weather was looking pretty gloomy but my husband told me just to go and I'm glad I did.  I ended up doing a walk/run of 3.2 miles and as I was coming home is just started to sprinkle a bit no more than 10 minutes late it started coming down like crazy so I'm glad I went when I did.  I felt sore in my hamstrings and a little tight which I would expect and I had to push my self a few times but I got through it and I'm very proud of my self.  I noticed that really helped with my afternoon energy as I wasn't as tired as I have been so that was a positive thing for me. These little steps are my milestones which is helping me achieve my bigger overall goals. The best part is that I made it through the weekend with no slips or cheats at all, here I thought I would go crazy but being so busy really helped me not think about food and what to eat, being prepared really helped with that.

I'm excited to move forward now that I'm starting to feel a little normal, tomorrow I'm going to workout with a friend who is a BEAST with weights and I'm excited to see what the next few weeks hold with her and I during our weight sessions.  I have really struggled in this area so this will my next milestone to work on.  I will continue to run in between our sessions and do some workouts at home during our day's off.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. No cheats or slips over the weekend
  2. Did yard work yesterday and ran today for my workouts
  3. Started to have more energy today...yay!!
Whole30
Day 5 Complete!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...