Friday, March 30, 2018

It's Finally Here....Whole30 Day 30!


Well the big day has arrived day 30 of my Whole30 journey and it's been amazing.  I woke up feeling good and excited for the day, I didn't get the best night sleep but again that's okay and I didn't want it to effect my overall day.  After dropping the girls off at school the weather was rather weird as it was very foggy out, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go and run today as I haven't worked out in the last two day's due to all the rain we received and it made me rather lazy.  I decided to have my breakfast and coffee this morning and then got busy doing stuff around the house that I needed to get done by around 10am the fog finally lifted and the sun was shinning, what a perfect morning it ended up being so I decided to get my running gear on and lace up my running shoes, then I was out the door.  I told my self to just go and run today don't worry too much about the time or distance even though I took the same route I always do and know approximately how far I'm running but that's besides the point.  I felt really good starting out and got into a nice groove but I was a little worried I would go out too fast and than it would hurt me later but again I didn't want to over analyze so I just kept running, at one point I looked down at my watch and saw 11:10 as my pace I have not ran that fast in a long time I mean like months.  I was so excited to see that number, I ran through the hills and still felt great, I even ran by a gentlemen who was walking his dogs and he gave me nice shout out that boosted my confidence even more.  Once I came home the first thing I did was call my husband and I started to cry as I was so happy with my performance and it brought me back to my training day's.  It was the perfect moment on this last day of my whole30 journey, I could not have asked for better moment to prove to myself of how far I have come in just a month.

I killed it with my nutrition as well, I was so happy that this day finally arrived that there was no way I was going to throw it away on stupid food I couldn't have.  After coming back from such an amazing run and being an that high I knew the rest of my day would be awesome.  I did have a snack later in the afternoon as I was still hungry after lunch but I made sure I was in my guidelines and I have to say it was so yummy I had a banana sliced up with cashew butter and baked chicken.  I'm so excited to see how my final results turn out after I'm done.  Tomorrow I will be taking after pictures and then weighing my self on Saturday morning as my husband wants to be there with me to see my results of that.  So I will be have another final post on all my results and what I have taken away from this whole experience along with what my next steps are moving forward.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Had the best run I have had in months, ran 3 miles in 36 mins I haven't done that is so long it's crazy, my average pace was 12:04 and at one point I looked down I was running at a 11:05 pace which is crazy in just a month.  
  2. Made sure to keep hydrated with my water.
  3. I finished my day off on a huge high with tons of energy especially after my run and nutrition today, I could not have asked for a better day to complete this journey!
WHOLE30 DAY 30 IS COMPLETE!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...