Sunday, March 11, 2018

Whole30 Day 11 and Day 12 Complete



I had another awesome and strong  day, I'm very happy to say I made through day 11 with flying colors.  This is my second weekend on the program and this weekend I'm not as nervous as I was last weekend.  I felt focus, prepared and ready to go, it helps having a busy schedule with two kids in sports and being solo for the weekend.  Normally I'm stressed out as there is always a lot to do but not this time.  I was like ok I have a busy weekend how do I prepare for this to make sure I stay on track.  I did just that, I prepared any meals I needed to bring with me, snacks, figured out everyone's schedules and went with it.

After my little ones 8am soccer game, we headed over to my friends house for my weekend workout.  I was little nervous like I always am when I workout with her as she is a beast during workouts (in a good way) but once I got into the groove I felt really good.  I have noticed a huge difference in my knees starting this program, meaning I use to have bad knee pains when running or doing any kind of lower body training.  Yesterday I did squats with a 6 lb medicine ball 3 rounds of 10 each and my knees felt fine, then I thought ok tomorrow I'm screwed I won't be able to walk but I woke up and my knees were awesome, I couldn't believe it.  Once I realized how much stronger I'm getting with these workouts I really put everything I had into it and my friend was right there coaching me along.  I have learned in the past working with trainers that the harder they push me the better I perform and that's exactly what happen yesterday.  I always sell my self short instead of giving my self credit.  I ended up pushing through all 3 rounds of my workout and I was sweating, my legs felt like jello, my arms and shoulders were burning but I finished with a smile and high five to my friend feeling stronger and more confident in my self.  After our workout we decided to go for a walk which I thought was perfect to help loosen my tight legs.  We ended up going out for 46 minutes and completed 2.64 miles...double workout day..yay!!! 


I'm extremely grateful for my friend and all the workouts we have had and continue to have, I'm still a long way for feeling completing confident in my self but I'm working on it as I go through this journey.  I once had a lot of strength both physically and mentally when I trained for my Half Ironman and it was the best feeling in the world, I want that back so bad.  I never want to be at this point in my life again, I worked so hard to get in shape and train for something so big and let it sip away because I made poor choices to slip back into my old habits.  I was spot on again with my food and drank lots of water.  I was completely exhausted last night from a long day and passed out as soon as I hit the pillow

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Got a double workout in and worked hard.  I killed it too!!!
  2. Prepared all my meals for the day including my pre and post workout meals.
  3. I drank lots of water with helped my muscles recover. 
Woke up feeling tired this morning, it was Spring Forward so we had to change our clocks which meant we lost an hour of sleep...boooo.  I hate losing sleep especially on a weekend, I had a little trouble getting out of bed today but not too bad.  I knew I was going to be sore so that was expected I was just hoping I would get out of bed and not roll out like I have in the past after working out crazy the day before.  I was able to eat a nice Whole30 meal #1 with my coffee this morning before heading out the door to my other daughter's soccer game, I am sad to say that I did not pack any meals for me knowing I was going to be out late and past my lunch time but that's ok I had my water and brought a Cashew Cookie bar in case which I ended up having on my way home.  This afternoon was rather low key I was suppose to get my workout in but I was just too sore to go for a run and weather was cold and windy.  All I wanted to do was relax and chill out which I did with the family.  The rest of my meals where spot on with my day and stayed hydrated with my water.  

Non-Scale Victories 
  1. Even after yesterday's workout my knees and joints are not hurting me like they use too.
  2. Eating a lot of avocado and not being afraid to eat more healthy fats
  3. Making meals without recipes on the spur of the moment with ingredients I have in the house but still staying on track with the Whole30 plan. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...