Thursday, March 15, 2018

Whole30 Day 16 Complete

What a night last night, I was up late writing on my blog as I couldn't sleep, then our alarm goes off at 11:45pm last night while Rich is sleeping and it scared the crap out of me.  I woke him up to go looking around the house to make sure no one came in.  It ended up being a false alarm as the garage door leading to the house was partly open and we didn't check in before setting the alarm last night so we think some wind caught it and opened which caused the alarm to trigger.  Thank goodness that's all it was however I couldn't sleep after that, then I went to bed and was just laying there and my stomach was going crazy as I was starving.  I wasn't surprised after what I ate for dinner last night, I had just got back from a run and at a rather low carb dinner so even though I was full at dinner it wasn't enough to hold me over for this morning...so what did I do, I went to the fridge and grabbed an Apple Chicken sausage and raw almonds at midnight ate that, brushed my teeth and went back to bed.  Yep I so had a midnight snack and I'm okay with that, after I ate my snack I went back to bed and passed out.

It was rather rough waking up this morning as I didn't get a good night sleep, once again that would affect my day at least that's what I thought.  Even though I was tired I didn't really start dragging until about 3:30pm as I was ready for a nap but had a full evening ahead.  Once I got up and started doing what I needed to do my energy level was fine again.  I did end up having a snack of 2 oranges and raw almonds this afternoon as I was still hungry of lunch.  I'm noticing if I don't have carbs at every meal I struggle to my next meal, I'm so worried about eating too many carbs that it will cause me to crash but I'm noticing that when I do eat them it doesn't affect me that why which is so different than other programs I was on.  I'm still working through learning meal planning and making sure I'm fueling my body enough, the truth is that it may take me longer than 30 day's to figure that out especially with me running and weight training.  Training for a race is very different situation and learning how to properly fuel that body during training and on race day is absolute key to having a successful race.  I'm taking in everything I'm learning and applying what I need, since we are all different sometimes these things take time and constant adjustment.

My food was on key today, I still haven't completed my weekly meal menu for this week as it's been so crazy around here with the kids being off on Spring Break, so I'm using what I have in my house to create my own meals until the weekend.  No workout today as it was very windy all day and rather warm this afternoon.  I was suppose to get a 2.5 mile run in but I pushed it to tomorrow instead when it's going to be even hotter out..nice timing on my part.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. The girls had Subway for lunch today but I decided to pass, I knew I had stuff at home that was compliant with W30 and had much better choices.  
  2. The smell of chips definitely made me crave them, but I didn't touch them.  Just closed the bag and put them away.  Out of sight out of mind!
  3. My team for Run the Edge completed 700 miles today on our journey to complete 2018 miles for the year.  I ended up including everyday steps and miles ran/walked since Jan and I have over 200 miles my self.  I'm very proud of that as it keeps me moving daily.
WHOLE30 Day 16 Complete!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...