Friday, March 2, 2018

Whole30 - Day 3 Complete

I’m sad to say I didn’t have a very good sleep last night, I had very strange dreams and just felt like I really couldn’t shut my brain off not sure why as I thought with me running yesterday that would knock me out.  Waking up feeling tired and not energized is going to make today a very long day.  Based on what I’m reading this is perfectly normal for day 3 it’s going to be a roller coaster kind of day, meaning one minute I will feel good and energized and the next minute I will feel like crap and have no energy at all.  The funny part is that I was also reading about possible breakouts on your face, I started to laugh and thought oh that wouldn’t happen to me as I have not had that in a few years now especially that I’m using an awesome facial regiment (Rodan Field’s Prodcuts).  I swear as I was laughing a pimple popped up on my face and I couldn’t believe it, I thought there was food or something on my face and when I went to clean it I said “Holy crap I have a pimple on my face, where the heck did that come from” at this point I just laughed again as this is normal around this stage of the program.  It’s amazing to see what my body is going through and how spot on Melissa Hartwig is based on her book and timeline, it just goes to show you that she knows what she’s doing and how science and statistics do matter.

As for today it was a rather rough morning, after waking up and not feeling the best I knew it was going to be a very long day.  It’s one of the those day’s where I either needed to keep my self busy or just go back to bed and sleep all day, but instead of doing one over the other I tried to find a balance by doing some stuff around the house that needed to get done but also took some time to rest and recovery when I needed it.  I didn’t want to push my self too much but I also didn’t want to be lazy.  It was nice having breakfast and lunch already made from previous meals, all I had to do was prepare dinner which by the way was amazing and my family loved it too!  I'm glad today is over with but I'm really hoping to wake up and feel energized for the whole day not like I'm dragging and I can't get out of the mud.  
I did end up going for another walk/run today as I didn't feel like sitting around or being in my house the whole day while it was such a beautiful day out.  I wanted to do at least 2 miles and ended up finishing with 2.5, my body is definitely feeling sore and tired but again that's excepted.  The workout helped for a few hours and then by 3pm I was dragging my butt again.  This is all normal for day 3 based on the stages so I'm just working through the day by day motions.  Now that the day is coming to an end I'm looking forward to tomorrow and what is in store for me.
Non-Scale Victories (NSV)
  1. Took my multivitamin, B12 and vitamin C (usually I forget)
  2.  Ate enough at during my meals that I didn't need to snack today
  3. Went for a run/walk workout

Whole30 Day 3 Complete!!!!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...