Thursday, March 22, 2018

Whole30 Day 22 Complete

I had another awesome day, my "Tiger Blood" is in full swing as today I ended up doing some yard work outside which was over 4 hours of raking leaves and bagging them, I ended up having 12 bags done and the worst part is that I still have the other half of my yard to do.  We own a big piece of property which we love but boy it's a lot of work keeping up with it.  I could not imagine having a full time job and then trying to keep up with all of this.  I'm thankful to be a stay at home mom and I don't mind pulling my weight around here.  I actually enjoy doing some of the outdoor stuff but I will say if I don't see another leaf for a while I will be okay with that.  I also cut the grass on my riding lawn mower and cleaned the pool.  I was pretty much outside all day yesterday but it was so beautiful out and this stuff needed to get done.  The best part is that I was suppose to get a weight training session in but with everything I was doing plus all the stuff with the kids last night it didn't happen and I'm okay with that.  I did check my Garmin watch and ended up doing 11,555 steps for the day which was 5.33 miles...wow that was a lot of walking and moving for a none workout day.  It just goes to show you how pumped and energetic was, I know I will be feeling it tomorrow in my lower back and legs as it was a lot of bending over and picking up.  

I did not drink as much water as I needed cause my lips were feeling dry and I was constantly thirsty so I tried to make up for it in the afternoon and evening.  I will do much better tomorrow on making sure I hydrate my self to help heal my body and muscles.  My food was good today, I did end up having a snack in the afternoon which was grapes and 2 small oranges I was so hungry even after lunch but I made sure it was a good choice and W30 compliant.  I was very proud of my self as we took the girls a local High School Softball game last night and I was surrounded but lots of yummy temptations, chocolate, sugar treats, nachos and cheese and popcorn but I didn't have one taste or lick of anything.  I actually looked at what my husband and daughter bought and then turned to my friend and kept talking, it didn't bother me at all.   This was a huge test for me and the fact that I didn't even want any of it just shows how far I have come, as I start preparing my self to move out of this journey into the real life long term journey I need to continue to remind my self when I look at foods is that going to make me feel good or will it make me feel miserable?  As long as I remember how I'm feeling now and continue to stay on this path I will get through this and will put me on a great path to a more healthier and longer life style.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Tiger blood is in full swing.  I did 4 hours of yard work and felt like I could keep going.
  2. Went to a softball game last night and had no cravings for snacks.
  3. Didn't even workout today and still got in 11,555 steps for the day which came out 5.33 miles...yay!!!
WHOLE30 DAY 22 COMPLETE!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...