Monday, March 26, 2018

Whole30 Day 26 Complete


Slept like a baby last night, which felt nice when waking up I passed out even thought it wasn't a very busy day on Saturday but I think we are still playing catch up from last week.  Since my daughter woke up feeling better this morning we knew she would be playing in her soccer game that was scheduled this afternoon so I whipped up a nice yummy balanced breakfast and then we headed out the door by 11am.  We didn't get home until around 2:30pm, it was discussed on the way home that we might go out for lunch I wasn't planning on eating anything until I got home as I didn't want to mess with program, I only have 4 more day's to go and I'm not about to slip or mess that up.  It was decided that we would just go home and have leftovers for lunch which worked for me since I was already planning on doing that.  After lunch my husband and I did some more yard work, we were trying to finish cleaning up our leaves in our backyard, we ended up bagging up another 8 bags...I swear these leaves never end, every time I turn around more and more are blowing around but it's now all done and the yard to me looks so much better and cleaner.  After the clean up we sat in our chairs and just enjoyed the beautiful breeze and the overcast day, it really was perfect out and sometimes it's nice to sit and enjoy the small things in life like spending some quiet time with my husband and looking at our beautiful backyard.  Owning 1-acer is a lot of work but it's also rewarding when you see your kids and dog run around playing, we knew it would be a lot but we have taken the challenge as we are young and want to enjoy what we have.

I did not get run in again today but I'm okay with that as I got more yard work done and it was just one of those weekends that it just didn't get done.  Now normally I would have been really stressed out and said "screw it I haven't ran all weekend I guess my training is done" but I didn't feel like that this time, I was so much calmer and didn't put that extra pressure on my self...life happens, kids get sick, husband has bad allergies, running to soccer games, doing yard work, cooking, house work it can all get the in the way of workouts but it's all part of life and balancing the amount of time we have each day.  I will just make sure I get my run in tomorrow when everyone is back to school and work and I have sometime for my self.

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Another chunk of the yard work is done, the best part is that normally I'm trying to keep up with my husband but today he couldn't keep up with me.  He can't get over how much energy I have...hahaha it's actually pretty funny.
  2. Passed on going out for lunch as I wanted to make good choices and just eat at home.
  3. My stress level has gone way down, learning to control what I can and not let the little things in life get to me.  Not getting my run in this weekend sucked but it's not the end of the world.  
WHOLE30 DAY 26 COMPLETE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...