Friday, March 9, 2018

Whole30 Day 8 and Day 9 Complete


What a week it has been, so this blog might be my shortest one I have written so far as I’m exhausted and my brain is ready to explode.  I missed my post from yesterday and Wednesday so I’m combining both days to make sure I stay caught up.

Wednesday was a jammed packed day it definitely makes doing this program harder on these busy day’s, but it’s also a learning opportunity for when this program is done and how I will handle my self during stressful day’s.  I think this is another test for me to figure out and decide how I can handle crazy busy days.  I started the morning off great, I had plenty of energy and ready to get on with the day, however by mid afternoon around 2pm I started to crash which was very weird as I haven’t really felt that in a few day’s since cutting out sugar.  The only thing that came to mind based on journaling was that I had some fruit with my lunch and I’m not sure if that had an effect of me crashing.  I ended up making a cup of coffee with my Nutpod creamer to help wake me up but without the sugar as there is none in that creamer.  I did well with my meals today, ate a lot of my leftovers which was nice as I didn’t have to cook anything.  I wasn’t able to get a workout in as I just ran out of time, so I was bummed about that.  I did not drink enough water either today and I really felt it all over my body, it’s no excuse to not have time to drink water it was my choice and not a good choice.  Overall it was a rough day for me, I was hoping that I would be out of the wood work by now but I guess this is all part of the ups and downs of this process.

Non-Scale Victories

  1. Eating breakfast before going to an early dentist appointment and not waiting until 10am to eat.
  2. Not stressing out cause my day wasn’t perfect
  3. Still learning to stick to my commitment even on super busy days.


Yesterday was another weird and tough day for me, I didn’t get much sleep the night before as I woke up feeling just okay not as well rested as I wanted to be.  I still woke up having energy and was hoping for a much better day.  I had a rather busy morning but I was excited to work on my week 2 meal menu (which I posted on my blog already), I love to cook and try new things so creating my weekly menus have really kept me on track and helps when I’m hungry.  I used today to eat any other leftovers I still had from last week before getting this next weeks groceries.  Before I went grocery shopping I went for my run and it was not good.  I had a very tough workout both physically and mentally, I just could not get into a groove I kept trying to pump my self up to keep going and snap out of it but I just couldn’t.  My whole body was hurting, I felt dehydrated and had to slow down to walk several times which means the lactic acid in my legs kept building up so it made it that much harder to run.  I stuck with my plan to run over 3 miles as that is what I set out to do and no matter how many times I had to slow down and walk I still pushed through to make sure I completed my goal.  I ended up finishing with 3.4 miles, which is good I know but I was so frustrated when I got home.  This always happens on my second week, as I come off a high from week 1 and then a few day’s later I can’t run to save my life.  When I get frustrated it usually causes a set back for me both in my nutrition and my workouts, after reaching out to my support team they encouraged me to let this workout go and move forward.  My husband reminded me that we all have good and bad workouts that’s normal and that’s what makes us stronger.  I’m proud that I went out and got it done, I came home after that made my self a nice big meal of protein and carbs to refuel my body.  Then I headed out to the grocery store to get my shopping done for this week, I’m excited for this weeks meals.  I did struggle last night with trying not to eat before bed however I was starving, I ate meal 3 around 4pm so by 9pm I was grazing in the pantry and I won’t lie I was looking for something sweet. I ended up having a few strawberries with raisins and almonds since I didn’t have any hard boiled eggs or grilled chicken cooked already for protein.  I know eating sugar even if it’s natural before bed is not good but I made sure I was compliant with Whole30.  The smart thing would have been to drink more water to fill my self up but I also didn’t want to be up every couple hours to go to the bathroom, again this was a choice I made.  I’m not happy that I ate late but again this journey is not about being perfect it’s about making better choices then what I have in the past.  I’m proud of my self for not giving in and having something off the program even if it was natural sugar.  I told my self that today was a very long and tough day but it’s now over and time to move on to tomorrow which is a new day to get back onto a normal schedule with my nutrition. I’m choosing not to stress about it and bring me down, instead I’m making the choice to move forward and keep positive.  Hoping for a good night sleep and a much better day tomorrow. 

Non-Scale Victories
  1. Got my workout in of a 3.4 miles walk/jog even though it was not good
  2. Not a “perfect” nutrition day with just sticking to my 3 meals but I’m okay with that.
  3. Making good choices that all my food was on the W30 compliant list

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...