Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Whole30 - Day 7 Complete



Yay...I made it through my first full week doing Whole30, I can't believe I actually survived this week.  I'm usually ready to throw in the towel and start a the next diet or eating plan but for odd reason I'm really enjoying the foods I'm cooking and eating along with finally getting my energy back in full swing.  I'm glad I didn't start the program this week as I may not have made it through, we have so much going on this week so I'm glad to finally be getting my energy back when I need it. 

Wow what a crazy day I had today, I had a bad incident with Kona's bed this morning and our washing machine so that took me a few hours and tied up most of my morning (long story and too much gross details to share).  Then it was "Lunch with loved ones" at school today so I first met with my little one who is in Kindergarten from 10:50am to 11:25am to have lunch with her, which by the way was so much fun.  I love having lunch with my kids and they still enjoy having me come to visit.  Then I had an hour until I had to go and have lunch with my older one in 4th grade, so I used that time to get gas, made a pit stop at Starbucks for an Unsweetened Passion Iced Tea with goodies for the kids and still had 40 minutes to kill. It was getting close for me to eat, why not make another pit stop this time it was at Whole Foods for a nice big salad with lots of veggies, grilled chicken topped with a balsamic dressing (with no sugar..I checked the label like 4 times to make sure). Once I was done with that I headed back to the school to have lunch with my other daughter from 12:35pm to 1:05pm.  Came home after that started to prepare dinner, cleaned up my kitchen and set out my girls soccer clothes for later tonight as they both have practice scheduled.  3pm came and my little one got dropped off by the bus, we finished working on her school project until 4pm which then we had to drive back to the school to pick up my 4th grader from Choir practice.  As we got home I told the girls to go and get their soccer stuff on and be ready for dinner and whatever other homework so we could get it all done before leaving at 5:10pm.  My husband got home right before I left to take my little one to her practice which went on until 6:30pm, after we got home my husband and older daughter had already left for her practice which goes until 8:15pm.  Just writing all this is making me exhausted and I don't work, I couldn't imagine throwing a job in the mix of all this.  I'm thankful to be home but wow our schedule is nuts from 3:00pm until about 9pm then I'm ready to pass out on the couch.



As for my nutrition today I stayed the course with no slips or cheats.  I even came up with my own creation for dinner since we had ate all the other leftover dinners, this is the first week that I didn't have to throw food away cause we didn't eat it.  It was a nice change, i just decided to see what I had leftover from the week and make my own recipe, it turned out really well.  I drank lots of water today which was good as my body was very sore from yesterday's workout.  I am sad that I didn't get a workout in but I'm okay with the day off as well to rest.  I have another full day again tomorrow so I will see if I can squeeze a workout in tomorrow or not.










Non-Scale Victories (NSV)
  1. My first time eating out and I made good healthy choices to stick with the plan
  2. Drank lots of water
  3. Survived a very busy day
Whole30 Day 7
First Week Complete!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...