Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Whole30 Day 15 Complete...Halfway There!!!




WHOLE30 - DAY 15




I can't believe I finally reached day 15 and I'm half way through the Whole30 journey.  I'm still trying to figure stuff out with my nutrition as I don't think I'm still eating enough food.  It's hard for me with doing so many different programs and always counting and calculating what I could eat and how much that this program is so different then anything I have done in my past.  Based on my workout levels I'm finding that I need to eat more during my meals, so for the next 15 day's for this journey I'm going to be tweaking my meals and nutrition to ensure I'm getting what my body needs for the day along with pre and post workouts.  As long as I'm compliant with the Whole30 rules and foods I will be good, but this time for me to really focus on what's been working and what I still need to work on.  This has been really good for me to learn about how food affects the body and what it can and can't do.  I ate rather light today and I definitely felt that on my run tonight, I'm actually feeling it now as I write this post as my stomach is grumbling at me as we speak..lol.

I'm thinking about signing up for a 10K race that is 6 weeks away, so I created a running training plan for me to follow for the next few weeks, today's run was suppose to be 3 miles well I decided to change my route today thinking it was going to be close to 3 miles but it was actually longer, it ended up being 3.55 miles total.  The best part is that I shaved off 3 minutes from my previous run, I was shocked as I felt like I really struggled that first half.  I was getting so frustrated at my self and just thinking why couldn't get through this and how do I change it so I can get through a normal 3 mile run but then I turned up the notch as best as I could and felt much better.  I'm very happy with my results even though it was hard getting there.  I think once I figure out my nutrition better I will have even more better runs.

Non Scale Victories
  1. Running 3.55 miles when my goal was to only run 3 miles
  2. Prepared some of my go-to pre and post workout snacks - Boiled Eggs and Baked Sweet Potatoes
  3. I was very careful what I ate but still need to work on eating more food during my meals. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...