Monday, March 19, 2018

Whole30 Day 20 Complete

My alarm went off at 6:10am this morning which means Spring Break is over and it's time to get back to a normal schedule.  I ended up having a good sleep last night and didn't have to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, thank goodness for that. I was debating if I was going to run early this morning as it was showing that most of the day was going to be windy and I don't like running in the wind.  I decided to just go out after I dropped my girls off at school this morning; it was a perfectly cool morning in the low 60's with a slight breeze.  I'm glad I went when I did, my goal was to run 45 min, well I went on a different route and was short by 3 minutes but that's okay I still got 42 mins in and that brought me to just over 3 miles.  My breathing was good but my legs and right knee were bothering me, I felt very stiff which I know is normal as I have increased my running day's and workouts.  I have learned in the past that when running or doing any kind of training pain usually shifts in the body, so at this point it's normal.  The good news is that my knee is not swollen and is feeling better, I'm just going to chalk it up to my workouts.  

As for my meals today I have decided to just go with the flow with my nutrition, what I mean by that is that I don't want to always worry about having the perfect pre or post run snacks, the perfect breakfast, lunch or dinners as long as I'm in compliant with the Whole30 list of foods I'm good.  I'm still making good choices and this is still a learning process for me, I can say that I'm feeling much more energetic throughout my day and my body feels amazing.  I looked at myself this morning before my run and I'm really starting to see a difference in myself and how I look so I know what I'm doing is working, it's just baby steps.  I can't believe I'm in the home stretch and only have 10 days left on the program, I have learned so much and continue to learn day by day.  I'm excited for the next 10 days as I'm feeling way more empowered to make better choices.  It will be interesting to me when I get into reintroduction phase as I'm actually good with how I'm eating.  The only things I want to bring back into my life style is honey, maple syrup, gluten free oats.  I don't really miss the carbs from pasta or bread but if I decide I want some I will look at getting gluten free.  Now I know some of my foods will contain sugar but I really want to keep a close eye on that by really reading the labels to make sure I don't put too much sugar back in as that's the killer for me.  I have really thought about saying with Paleo after this is all done and continue living healthy.  I will have put in a full month of this and don't want to blow everything I have done cause of sugar and carbs. 

Non-Scale Victories

1.   Decided to go for my morning run after all as I wasn't sure I was going to go but I'm glad I went as it was a beautiful morning out.  My right knee was bothering me a bit but since I have increased my running and other workouts I'm not surprised.
2.   I'm learning to let go and not always feel like my meals have to be perfect, as long as I'm compliant with my food that is good by me.  It's taking some getting use to but one day at a time.
3.   Drank a lot more water today and it felt good as my body is not hurting. 

WHOLE30 Day 20 Complete!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...