Thursday, March 15, 2018

Run the Year 2018 Challenge - Monthly Mileage Stats


I believe accountability is huge especially when joining any kind of challenge, this is my 4th year doing this and I have yet to complete my full miles for each previous year.  This time around I asked a few family members if they wanted to embark on this journey with me and all 3 other team members said yes.  Our team name is Heart and Soles, our team consists of my self, my husband Richard, my mom Gale and my Auntie Rita.  Now each of us track our miles individually which then adds to our team's total miles for the year, I first started this challenge out only tracking my running miles but since I'm not yet a strong runner I decided to track all steps (in miles) and miles (running or walking) to my individual total.  I will break down each month how many miles were from steps, how many were from running and how many were from walking so I can keep a closer eye and make sure I'm improving on my overall running miles which for me is the goal of this challenge.  Both my mom and aunt are doing what I'm doing but my husband is just tracking his running miles this year.  Either way it's all a team effort as well as individual goals, everything can be tracked by foot only, no cycling or swimming can be counted, at this point it's really game for all of us.  The best part about our team is that we are from all over, my husband and I currently live in Dallas, TX while my mom is in Las Vegas, NV and my aunt is in FountainHills, AZ so we have created a Facebook Messenger group for all of us to communicate on a daily or weekly bases to help us all stay motivated and focused on our goals, it has really worked out and has been a huge motivational boost for all of us.  I will use this blog post to update my individual monthly miles and our total team miles at the end of each month.  I'm very excited for this years journey and to see what our team is made of.  Go Team Heart and Soles!!!



January Total = 109.8 Miles
Running: 40.29
Walking: 0 miles
Steps (miles): 69.51

February's Total = 29.79 Miles
Running: 2.32
Walking: 0
Steps (miles): 27.47

March's Total = 131.2 Miles
Running: 37.68
Walking: 2.63
Steps (miles): 90.89

April's Total = 137.14 Miles
Running: 40.89
Walking: 3.47
Steps (miles): 92.78

May's Total = 107.98
Running: 14.34
Walking: 1.71
Steps (miles): 91.93

June’s Total = 105.12
Running: 17.16
Walking: 0
Steps (miles): 87.96

I’m sad to say I didn’t keep up with my monthly stats like I wanted too, life got in the way but I’m happy to report I kept up with my running and training and I finished the year strong.  I’m very excited for next year as I learned a lot about my diet and training in 2018.  I will be joking Run the Year again as this is my favorite yearly challenge, especially when doing it with family and friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...