Friday, March 23, 2018

Whole30 Day 23 Complete


Day 23 is complete and I'm in my final count down...also know as the home stretch.  I can't believe how fast this last week is going, staying busy and using my tiger blood is really helping.  Last night I passed out as I was so exhausted from all the yard work I did and being outside for so long, all that fresh air made my pooped.  Woke up this morning feeling tired and my body a little sore but not as bad as I thought it would be.  I had another busy day ahead of me, but I was ready for the day.  I had a quick breakfast and then I was off to get my appointment done and run some errands.  I ended up bring some snacks to hold me over in case I got hungry.  I ended up bring a banana and Cashew Cookie bar which was perfect, I did end up eating both of them as I was rather hungry.  I ended up meeting my husband for lunch today since I was up in his neck of the woods, I was a little nervous to go out since I haven't really been out since starting this journey.  My husband the great man that he is and so supportive suggested a really good salad place, he told me it was super healthy and a place that I could eat at.  I was so thankful and excited, so we went there and it was basically build your own salad which is perfect that way I could pick and choose what I want on my salad.  I felt very confident and proud with my choices, I ended up getting mixed greens with spinach, tons of W30 approved veggies, grilled chicken (cooked with salt, pepper and olive oil), avocado and olive oil and balsamic vinegar as my dressing.  No croutons, cheese, nuts (as it looked like they were coated with sugar or something), no bread or creamy dressings.  The salad was delicious, I was worried I would walk out feeling bloated and uncomfortable as that is usually how I feel after going out to eat but this time I didn't.  I felt satisfied and was so proud of my self, it's little moments like these that I like to give my self a pat on the back for making the right choices and staying with my program.  I'm learning each day how mentally strong I'm getting and it's such a great feeling, knowing that I'm not letting food, hunger or old trigger foods control my choices instead I'm making healthy and rewarding choices for me and my body.  

Lunch date with my handsome hubby!
I did not get my run in today as I just had too much going on and timing did not work for me.  But I'm okay with that as I will just make today as my rest day and move my workout to tomorrow.  I will be heading to bed early tonight as I need another good sleep!

Non-Scale Victories
  1. My body seems to be recovering much faster than it use too, which is a great thing.
  2. Went out for lunch for the first time in 23 days and make awesome W30 approved choices for my lunch.  I'm so proud of my self.
  3. I wore my size 16 jeans and they were loose on me, it was such a great feeling!

WHOLE30 DAY 23 COMPLETE!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...