Thursday, February 20, 2020

Workout - Lose Weight and Get Ripped

Now that I have completed another round of Whole30, my nutrition is back on back but I still haven’t gotten back into my workouts quite yet.  I have been running here and there however that’s not going to cut it as I know I need to get weights back into my routine.  I have been looking for some easy routines to get myself back into it that I can change around so I don’t feel like I’m doing the same things day after day. One of my goals is to get back to working out with a friend of mine who is an awesome weight training partner but I want to ease my way back in by building some of my muscle back before I go all out.  I found this workout on a great website I use called SkinnyMs, she has lots of great fitness information.  I wanted to share this one as it’s a great beginners workout plan that can be done a few days a week, I’m going to give it a try this week and see how it goes.  Here is some information from the article and the link to find the full article is listed below.

This workout works because there is no traditional rest. The only rest you’ll get is in between switching equipment or moving into a different workout area.

Perform each exercise for 30 seconds, with no rest in between. Try to get through as many as you can before you rest, whether it’s after four reps or ten. Then, move on to the next exercise. When you need to stop, take a quick 30-second breather and jump back in. Complete four sets and you’ll be on your way.
  • Burpees: All good things come from burpees. Although they are draining, it’s for a good reason.
  • Bicep Curls: Grab your medium weights and slow your heart rate down a bit. This exercise lets you catch your breath while still pushing your muscles.
  • Dumbbell Row: Grab your heavy dumbbells and row one arm at a time. Be sure to keep your elbows toward the body.
  • Floor Dumbbell Chest Press: No bench is needed with this exercise, so you can do them anywhere! Grab your heavy dumbbells; once you feel your tricep hit the ground, press back up.
  • Bicycle: This is one of the best full-purpose ab exercises. Perform the first half fast and the second half slow.
  • Dumbbell Squat with Overhead Press: Grab your medium weights to enjoy this two-part exercise.
  • Single-Leg Deadlift: This is one of those overlooked leg exercises. They help strengthen and build your hamstrings and works on minor muscles.
The full article and workout videos of how to do these exercises are on SkinnyMs’s website, here is the link to find them: https://skinnyms.com/try-this-workout-to-lose-weight-and-get-ripped/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...