Monday, January 7, 2019

Whole30 Round 3 Meal Planning - #JanuaryWhole30


Whole30 Round 3 has begun and you know what that means lots of time spent preplanning for the next 30 day's.  If I have learned anything for this program it's to be PREPARED the last thing you want to do is get all excited about starting something new and then not being ready, it's very stressful and can set you back.  When I had my luncheon with the ladies last week I was direct in telling them that they need to make sure they are prepared and ready to go for today because if they weren't they would fail, that is how important being prepare really is.  The nice part is after we all met on Friday everyone went home and started working on their meal plans, I was so proud and happy when I started receiving questions through text messages as I knew these ladies were serious and wanting to be ready.  I had spent a few hours last week preparing my meal plans for all 30 day's so that way I didn't have to worry about it each week.  All I have do now is write out my grocery lists and prep each week which is what I like to do.  This process is not for everyone and that's okay too, I told my group of ladies that they should just focus on planning for this upcoming week, get their groceries done and prepare as much as they can as long as they have breakfast and "emergency snacks" ready they will great.  The rest of the meals could be prepared and cooked each day, however if they are working or won't be home I recommend they prepare those meals the night before so once again they are ready.  The first week is always the toughest and most overwhelming as this is all new and it seems like a lot to do so we are taking one day at a time.

I ended up creating my grocery list on Saturday headed to Kroger's and did all my shopping as I wanted to have most of Sunday to prepare everything. I found a lot of good deals and used a lot of coupons which made shopping so much more affordable.  The rest of Saturday was spent watching the Dallas Cowboys game so no meal prepping that night.



Woke up yesterday morning feeling good and excited to start meal prepping, I knew I had a few hours ahead of me but it will be worth it next week when I need to eat and make dinners for us.  I first prepared and diced all my ingredients for my Smoky Sweet Potato Chili for the crock pot that way it could cook all day and be ready for dinner and lunches this coming week.  I then took all my veggies put them in a sink full of cold water and let them sit for about 15 to 20 minutes as a pre-wash.  After they sat in the water I hand washed them in cold water, shook them to dry a bit and then
laid them on sheet pans covered with towels to let them air dry before cutting, slicing and dicing them.  I don't like putting wet veggies or fruit in baggies or jars when they are wet as they can mold quickly.  Once I got them all laid out and set up I got my cutting board and "junk" bowl ready to start the long process.  3 hours later and I was finally done, I had all my veggies cut up, grapes washed and ready to go and even made my breakfasts for this week.  Rich was able to pack his lunch once everything was prepared and I was ready for week now.


3 hours seems like a long time and I won't lie it really was but that's part of this process to be successful.  I also followed up with all the ladies to make sure they too were preparing and everyone was getting groceries and started cooking, that was music to my ears.  Now the fun really begins as we starting this journey together, I'm so proud of all the ladies who are joining me along this awesome journey to become a healthier version of them selves.  This is my first time Coaching and Mentoring on this program but I'm very happy that they trust me and want to continue this journey with me.  I can't wait to see how the next 30 day's go and share my daily and weekly experiences with you all.  Please follow me on Facebook, Instagram and my blog to keep updated on my journey worth sharing!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...