Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Beginner’s Total Body Workout - 30 Day Challenge

We finally have found some weights!!!! My husband and I have been in the market to purchase some weights to start creating an at home gym for a while now even before COVID hit, once the pandemic came it was impossible to find any weights on the market and then find them at a good price, with the huge supply and demand the cost for any weights dumbbells or rubber plated weights have been extremely expensive.  We finally found a whole set of dumbbells for a great price so we purchased them this past weekend, we were able to buy a whole set of dumbbells, the rack to hold them, 2 slam balls (15 lbs and 25 lbs), a bench, a few mats, jump rope and some resistant bands.  We were thrilled when we got it all home and set it up in our garage, weight training is an area I’m lacking as I’m very much a cardio girl I love to run, walk, cycle and swim when I was in full training but weights is something I never did and should have done.  Now that we have a set at the house it’s time to get back on track with my workouts.  

I came across this Beginners Total Body Workout - 30 Day Challenge from a long time favorite website called Skinny Ms, it’s a great way to ease myself back into working out and not go to hard core as I don’t want to injure myself. It’s always best to start back slowly and with light weights, even though we think we can lift a lot at first it’s never good to go all out when starting back.  Here is the link for the full 30 day’s, it’s awesome as it breaks down each week and each day of what exercises to complete and even has videos of how to do the exercises correctly to prevent injury. Each day I will post what the workout is and the link to find the full workouts and videos as an easy reference point, I will also include reps and weight that I will be using however it will change depending on how much I ramp up.  These are all resources from the Skinny Ms website none of them are my own.  After this challenge is complete and I’m stronger I will be creating my own daily workouts and will share them on my blog as my own content. 

Here is the link for the full total body 30 day challenge:

 https://skinnyms.com/total-body-30-day-challenge/

Week 1:

Week 2:


Week 3:


Week 4: 


Week 5: 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...