Thursday, March 29, 2018

Whole30 Day 29 Complete


Day 29...holy cow I'm in the final stretch of this journey, I can't believe I'm almost finished.  It's been a rather tough week trying to finish this up while my husband is out of town, this is the ultimate last test for me as it's always a long week when I'm solo and I tend to stress eat but I have been really good.  My issues have been lack of sleep which is another problem I have, I tend to not sleep well when he is away and I feel that wearing on my body as my energy levels have dropped compared to earlier this week.  I'm learning how important sleep really is for the body and what a difference it can make on your daily energy levels, even though it's been a month I'm always learning something new each day and this is a journey beyond 30 days.  

It was a busy day running errands and going to appointments.  I did surprise my girls for lunch at their school which was nice since I haven't had lunch with them in a few weeks.  I was very proud of my self for buying healthy snacks to bring along with me instead of junk or something that was not good for me.  Overall I had a great nutritional day and I stayed strong, even after my two cravings.  Lindsey came home and opened a bag of potato chips and I absolutely love chips any kind all the time so that was very hard for me but I didn't cave in.  Then for dessert my girls wanted sliced apples with Nutella drizzled on top with shredded coconut and chocolate chips, well my mouth was watering when I was working with the Nutella the smell of it was so delicious I could taste it.  I had it all over my fingers but not a lick...that is so not like me.  I usually lick my fingers and the spoon clean but I didn't want to throw away of what I have worked for so I washed my hands and the spoon and ate an orange instead.  Yes I still wanted something sweet but a natural sweet and it did the job, my cravings were done after that.  

No workout for me today as I just ran out of time after all my errands were done and seeing the girls by the time I got home and prepared dinner the girls were home.  Not working out is tough as it does give the little extra boost of energy so I will be happy when I can get some actual sleep so I can get back to working out on a regular bases and hopefully this rain will go away.  

Non-Scale Victories
  1. I did have cravings today but didn't give in, ended up having fruit to help with that.
  2. Met my girls for lunch and brought my own healthy snacks that were W30 compliant
  3. Dealing with stress is hard for me but not using food to comfort be is a big step.
WHOLE30 DAY 29 COMPLETE...
ONE MORE DAY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...