Sunday, April 12, 2020

Time to start Training...10 week 15K Training Plan (Running)



10 week 15 Training Plan (Running)

It’s that time of year, now that the weather is starting to warm up, the trees are blooming, the grass is growing green and all the beautiful flowers are starting to grow that means it’s time for outdoor exercising.  I have gotten back into running when I can especially being quarantined but I’m very much a schedule girl, so for me I like to be on a training plan to achieve goals.  

I found this awesome 10 week 15K training plan that includes running 3 day’s a week, strength training 2 day’s a week and cross training 2 day’s week with one day off for resting.  That is perfect for me considering I need to slowly get back into all of these areas before going out hard core.  I have decided to continue using my cousin’s workouts as my strength training sessions during the week which means I may be doing those more than the 2 day’s on my schedule which is totally fine. I’m going to include riding my bike either indoors on my trainer or outside when the weather warms up as my cross training day’s. 

I have printed this schedule out and will take pictures of my daily exercise to post when my training is done or when I can actually race after the Covid-19 is over and we can all do back to a semi-normal life.  I won’t be signing up for any races until we know for sure when it’s safe but it will be nice to be race ready for any 5K’s, 10K’s or a 15K.  I found this awesome training schedule using the following link http://www.driftdesignco.com/blog/2014/04/15k-training-guide.html?rq=15 that I will be using and wanted to share with everyone in case anyone else is interested.  It’s a great and organized plan for those starting out or just wanted to get back into running like myself.  

I will continue staying on my healthy eating plan as well which is mainly vegan and/or plant based as I will be limiting my meat intake over the next few months.  I’m completely off dairy already as I eliminated that when I was doing Paleo but now that my daughter is Vegetarian I’m doing my best to cook and prepare meals for her that are healthy and going to try and incorporate that more in my dietary needs to see how I feel.  For those looking for more healthy recipes or meal plans check out my blog as I post weekly food menu’s and new recipes all the time.  Please be safe and stay healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...