Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Whole30 Round 4 Begins Tomorrow....March 18th, 2019


After my last round in January I swore I was done with Whole30 for a while as I knew I had a lot of training ahead of me for my up coming races and was so ready to get 2019 started off on the right foot.  But then I found out at the end of January that I needed to get Retina surgery done on my left eye and since I procrastinated from getting it done last August due to my racing schedule my doctor told me I needed to get in as soon as possible.  I scheduled the first available date which wasn’t until last February, timing it to recover fast enough so I could stick with my training plan and hopefully recovery quickly.  Well that was not the case at all, instead it was a very painful procedure that has now kept me out for almost 4 weeks.  So between the stress of that surgery, the lack of doing nothing for last 4 weeks and having two sets of family come into town in between all of that has really set me back.  I was not expecting to fall off the wagon but eating out, drinking wine and making too many yummy Paleo desserts has really dug up my sugar dragon and I don’t feel as in control as I was a few months ago.  After looking at the dates and realizing that I only have 3 weeks until my first sprint triathlon of this season I really need to crack down and get myself ready both mentally and physically so what better time than to do another round of Whole30.  I’m excited to get back on a normal routine and with many double workouts ahead for the next several weeks I really need for my nutrition to be spot on, I’m happy to get back on clean eating and cut out all that sugar at the same time I’m nervous about the sugar detox as that first week is the toughest and just anticipating that really stinks.  I know that flushing myself out with water for the first week is key but that also means living next to a bathroom all week...hahaha.  I’m hoping with all my workouts that will help my body absorb the water and keep me hydrated too.

My goals this round is to really focus on my measurements, last round I was not very successful with weight loss or losing inches so I really want to step it up this time around and focus on my weight training along with all my swimming, cycling and running to really help tone up.  I have lost a lot of weight but now it’s time to tone it up and get ready for summer.  I forgot to do all my measurements, weigh in and before pictures the day before I started so I did it all Monday before my first meal.  Here are my before pictures for this round:

I will post all my measurements when this round is done as I really want to see what the difference is before and after this round.  The good news is that I have a few challenges with my running club that I will be doing and will share once I start that and I have four up coming races that I will be training for so that will help with my workouts and keeping me on track with my goals.  I will try and do a better job of posting my journey on a weekly bases along with pictures of my food and workouts to share along the way.  It’s important to keep myself accountable and what better way to do that then to share it on my blog with others. Lets see how this round goes and I’m excited for the challenge and to stay motivated.  Let the next journey begin!


WHOLE30 ROUND 4...MY JOURNEY WORTH SHARING!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...