Sunday, February 5, 2017

It's time for change.....let the training begin!

It's been a while since I have actually trained for anything but I think it's time to start setting goals and focus on something for me.  As busy as life gets and as stressful as times can be, I feel much better when I'm able to workout and see results in my weight loss journey.  Since I have stopped training I have gain a lot of my old weight back and I'm feeling tired, gross and just out of shape.  I don't have an actual race in mind but I figure this is a good starting point for me, as we get closer to summer and my training progresses I will look at a race to see what races are available to complete a half marathon.  Here is the link for this training plan along with many others interested in running - http://www.halfmarathons.net/half-marathon-training-schedule-for-beginning-runners/

12-Week Half Marathon Training for Beginner Runners

Week
Mon
Tue
Wed
Thu
Fri
Sat
Sun
1
off
3 miles
3 miles
3 miles
off
3 miles
4 miles
2
off
3 miles
4 miles
3 miles
off
3 miles
4 miles
3
off
3 miles
4 miles
3 miles
off
3 miles
5 miles
4
off
3 miles
5 miles
3 miles
off
4 miles
6 miles
5
off
4 miles
5 miles
4 miles
off
3 miles
7 miles
6
off
4 miles
4 miles
4 miles
off
4 miles
8 miles
7
off
4 miles
6 miles
4 miles
off
4 miles
9 miles
8
off
4 miles
6 miles
4 miles
off
4 miles
10 miles
9
off
4 miles
6 miles
4 miles
off
3 miles
11 miles
10
off
4 miles
5 miles
4 miles
off
4 miles
12 miles
11
off
4 miles
5 miles
4 miles
off
3 miles
6 miles
12
off
3 miles
5 miles
3 miles
off
2 miles
13.1 miles!

Rest Days

Especially for beginning runners or those who may be experienced at running but training for their first half marathon, it’s important to take two days off from running during the week to allow your joints and muscles adequate time to rest.
I’ve always taken two days off during the week, on Mondays and Fridays, as that allows a day off after your long run as well as a day off after your three mid-week running days.

Water

On your weekend long runs, make sure to bring plenty of water to drink after your run and during your run. It’s important especially when your long runs start reaching distances of seven, eight and nine miles or longer, to have water at the mid-point of your long run as well as at the end.

Sports drinks such as Gatorade or Powerade are fine as well, but you can’t go wrong with water. Also, this will get your body accustomed to what your race conditions will be like, when you’ll be able to have water most likely at every two miles in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...