Sunday, February 19, 2017

DIY Kitchen Flower Center Piece for under $25



I have been trying to find a nice center piece for our kitchen table, it's been rather challenging so I decided to be creative and make my own.  I found a beautiful rectangle basket at Hobbly Lobby that matched the same one as my fall basket so I bought it in two different sizes.  The basket was 50% off, regular price was $11.99 which means I only paid $5.99 for it.  Then I bought the green form for inside the basket to stick the flowers in and the brown ribbon to use for inside and around the outside of the basket to add a little swag to it.  Both of those items were also 50% off...love finding a good bargain especially on small projects.  I did look at the flowers at Hobbly Lobby however they were not on sale and not worth paying full price for what I wanted so I decided to go to Dollar Tree instead and see what they had.  I found a bunch of white floral arrangements along with some colored flowers that I thought would like to nice together, at a $1 a piece I couldn't go wrong so I bought a bunch of them.
Once I got home I placed everything on the table and then started piecing it all together, I first started by cutting the green foam pieces to have them fit exactly in the basket, then I starting placing the flowers in a few at a time to see what I liked, once the flowers were placed I then took the ribbon and starting intertwining them in the flowers and along the edge to complete my center piece.  The whole project cost me just under $25.00 and took about 10 to 15 minutes of my time.

I love how it turned out, it was very easy to make and the nice part is I can change out the flowers anytime I want.  I will continue to keep an eye out at Hobbly Lobby but for now it will work.  Happy Crafting!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...