Friday, February 3, 2017

Birthday Celebration

Happy 5th Birthday Sweet Kaitlyn!

Yesterday was our little one's 5th birthday, it was a big day for her.  The night before my older daughter and I were up pretty late decorating the house for the princesses special day.  Her favorite color is purple, so I went to Dollar Tree and picked up a bunch of purple items like a table cloth, balloon holders, Frozen Happy Birthday Banner, Frozen plates and napkins, two small balloons filled with air, princess birthday sash, streamers, bows and wrapping paper.  The whole set up cost under $20 and it came out perfect.
                    
            
We had a low key morning as I knew the rest of the day would be long, plus my little one went to bed rather late so we did some relaxing in the morning.  Then I went and met her for lunch at school with her class so I could spend some quality time with her.  She loved having me tag along for lunch.  It was so special and something I will always remember, it's times like these that remind me of how fast they grown up, which I will never get back.  I enjoy every moment I can with both my girls.  After school both girls arrived home, we left for the airport to pick up my husband as he was out of town on business all week.  It was nice to have him home especially on a special day like today.  My daughters request was pizza at home and opening presents as she had been waiting all day.  So we went and picked up Jet's Pizza, which by the way is amazing.  

When we got home the princess got to finally open her presents, she was so excited with each gift she opened and loved everything she got.  We then ate our pizza as everyone was starving, it was super yummy as usual.  After dinner she wanted to try out her new purple razor scooter she got, we all had to bundle up as it was a cold day here in Texas.  Both girls went and rode around on their scooters for a bit while my husband and I froze but it was so fun to see them laughing and having a good time.  This scooter is way more advanced then her old one so she had a few falls but loved riding around on a big girl scooter.  About 20 mins being in the cold we called it quites as it was freezing and starting to get dark, it was time to bring the fun back into the house so we could all warm up.  The girls decided they wanted to try indoor bowling with her new frozen bowling set, my husband (the pin guy) set up the pins down the hallway so the girls had an ally way to bowl.  I did my first Facebook Live video of the birthday girl bowling, it was hilarious as she was throwing the ball more then rolling it....I think it was a new game called air bowling as our friend Cindy mentioned in one of the comments.  Finally after several tries and hitting daddy she knocked all the pins down and got a strike, it was so fun to watch her and the excitement.  

Then it was time for the surprise purple birthday cake that came out amazing, I bought it Market Street, they were wonderful and very helpful.  I had it specially ordered with her favorite colors to go with the theme of the rest of the purple stuff she had.  Last part of the evening was looking back at old family photo's of Kaitlyn when she was born and as she was growing up, it was very special to see those memories and how much she has changed since being a baby.  Thank you daddy for getting it all set up for us to watch as a family.

Overall it was a wonderful day, she was extremely happy with everything and enjoyed every moment.  We are so thankful to have two amazing girls who we absolutely adorable and love.  Happy 5th Birthday Sweet Baby Kaitlyn!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...