Sunday, January 29, 2017

Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia with Roasted Vegetables for Dinner


I was suppose to make this recipe earlier this week but with schedule changes and life getting in the way I ended up making it tonight.  I made Parmesan-Crusted Tilapia, it was a little messy putting it all together as it required three different dishes just to prep, one for the flour mixture, one for the eggs and one for the panko, cheese and herbs.  I actually used two large paper plates for the flour and panko mix and then a 8x8 pan for the eggs as it's nice and flat and easy to use for the fish fillets.  Once it's all put together it just goes in the over so that's the easy part.  Then I cut up the cauliflower put in on a tray with foil and added olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika, for the eggplant I just cut that up in cubes and placed it on a different tray with foil and mixed it with olive oil, salt and pepper.  Baked the vegetables at 425 for about 20 to 25 mins. 

The fish was good, it tasted a little bland to me even with the coating so I took some lemon wedges and added lemon juice over the top of the fish and it gave it great flavor.  The roasted vegetables came out amazing, nice and tender with great flavor.  I love using my leftover veggies by cutting them up and just roasting them in the over that way you don't waste food.  Now I have an awesome lunch for tomorrow.  Enjoy!  Happy and Healthy Cooking!!!

Recipe link for the fish:
http://womanista.com/wellness/2016/03/02/recipe-parmesan-crusted-baked-cod/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...