Sunday, January 29, 2017

Family's First Live Play - Disney Beauty and the Beast

A friend of ours reached out to us late last week to let us know that our local High School was putting on a live performance for the Disney Beauty and the Beast and thought it might be something our girls would love to see, so I went online and looked up tickets and seats.  The show was selling out fast which told me it was worth going to see.  I purchased our 4 tickets and we were so excited to take the girls.  Since my little one was home when I purchased them, I told her what we were going to see and she started to jump up and down and said "yay we are going to Disneyland", I busted out laughing and said "oh no honey, we are just going to a play at a school not Disneyland".  She just looked at me and then said "okay, mommy".  I'm glad I dodged that bullet...hahaha. 

I was a little worried about our seats at first but once we arrived and settled in they were pretty good, next time I would book ahead to get a little closer.  The play was like a normal show as they had an intermission half way through.  The first half was a good one and half hours and the second half was just about an hour, total time there was just over 3 hours.  The girls absolutely loved it.  They knew all the songs and the story line so to see it in person was a special treat.  I have to say I was very impressed on how these students played the roles, they were amazing.  I really thought I was at a live Broadway Show.  They all sang beautifully and played the roles like they had been doing it for years.  I couldn't believe it was actual High School students, they were all so nice and professional.  After the play was done, we got the girls backstage passes to go and meet some of the cast and we congratulated them for a job well done. 

Overall it was a wonderful experience and something we would definitely do again as a family.  It's things like these that give us so much joy to show our girls how to support others without even knowing them.  To be able to support our local High School students and their passions, is what life is all about.  Remember to always....LIVE, LAUGH and LOVE!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...