Sunday, May 20, 2018

Whole30 Round 2...starting Wednesday May 23rd

It's been about a month and a half since I completed my first round of Whole 30 and I decided to not reintroduce all foods back into my life style as most of those were my trigger foods, the only foods I brought back in was maple syrup, honey, coconut palm sugar, coconut and almond flour which are all Paleo items. I have done a really good job reading all my food labels and really staying away from processed foods.  I have decided to do another round of Whole30 but just trying to figure out the best time is the hardest part, I have noticed my "sugar dragon" has come out more than I would like which means I need to get started on Round 2 very soon.  I have family coming to visit the end of June and in July so I want to get a kick start before they come as I always seem to slip whenever we have visitors, I figure if I can start in the next few day's I can get myself back to how I was eating before and I will be less likely to want to eat crap or slip.  I have noticed that I have been in taking more "natural sugar" like coconut palm sugar or maple syrup more than I want too which could explain why I'm having more and more afternoon crashes.  I have been really craving my Paleo Iced Caramel Macchiato right around 2pm and 3pm and even though they are dairy-free and make with coconut milk and coconut palm sugar  I still feel those are helping with my afternoon crashes which I got away from when doing the Whole30, I am proud of my self for not going back to Starbucks and getting those same junky drinks so I did my best to make my own version but they can be just a dangerous I guess.  I'm not having one everyday but definitely a few times a week.  As for the rest of my food I have done very well still sticking with meats, vegetables and fruits as my main sources for food, I have continued to stay away from processed foods as I didn't like how it was making me feel and I still use a lot of dates as sweeteners in my sauces.  I have been weighing my self every few weeks to make sure I'm still losing weight and not gaining it and since I finished my first round plus going on Paleo I'm down 11 lbs total which for me is awesome but I still have much more to loss and want to make sure I stay on that track.  I wasn't sure if I was ready to do this again but I have different goals this time around and hoping for different results once again.  Since I have been getting stronger and still have lots of will power it's the perfect time for me to hit Whole30 Round 2.  

I am a little more nervous this time around as from what I have been reading the second round is almost harder than the first because you know what to expect this time around were as the first time it was all new.  I am going to take before and after pictures of my self along with my measurements and weight so I have something to compare this journey with from my previous journey.  I'm also going to create some Non-Scale Victory goals to help with milestones along my journey both personally and from a workout stand point.  I am extremely excited as I just ordered two Whole30 cookbooks, I have been borrowing them from my local library however I'm not able to renew them as they are very popular and so I wasn't able to use half of the books recipes as my time ran out.  So I used some of my leftover birthday money and just purchased them instead, I know I will use them all the time as I loved all the recipes I had tried so far.  Plus I can use them after the program to help keep me on track and as a variety for quick and easy weekly meals which I seem to need a lot more of these day's.  I will do the same as I did the first round by blogging a daily journey of my ups and downs along with my Non-Scale Victories (NSV) for the day.  I can't wait to see how this time goes and all the changes I will see in my body and hopefully with my workout performances.   I will start my first post with day 0 which will be my day to set up my goals, take my measurements, weight in and prep my first weeks meals along with a shopping list for groceries and then purchasing all my groceries so I will ready to start Day 1 on Wednesday May 23rd.


If anyone is interested in joining me on this journey please let me know as I would love the support and think it would be so much fun.  I can even create a group in Facebook for all of us to share recipe ideas along with daily motivation.  You can reach out to me on Facebook PM or if you comment below on this blog post with your information I can reach out by email as well.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Weekly Food Menu - 1.15.24 to 1.21.24 (Clean Eating)

Healthy Eating Weekly Food Menu Monday: 1/15/24 Meal 1: Chocolate Chip Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe Link:  https://cleanfoodcrush.com/chocola...